||• The ideal candidate must have substantial accounting experience with new public companies, with required past employment at a top tier audit firm. Additional past experience at an earlier stage public company is desired.
• Reporting to the Chief Financial Officer, the successful candidate in this critical role will be responsible for owning the integrity of the Company’s external financial reporting, including the maintenance of consolidated financial statements of our public parent company and its two wholly-owned subsidiaries, and being responsible for adherence to critical public company accounting policies in areas such as stock-based compensation, earnings per share and tax-based accounting.
Duties and Responsibilities:
1. Oversee external SEC financial reporting process, including 10Q's, 10K's and 8K's, other financial reporting as required and other governmental statutory reporting, including required XBRL reporting in a timely manner. Work with the external auditors, legal counsel and transfer agent to ensure conclusion of results occur prior to the financial reporting dates.
2. Ensure compliance with SEC and GAAP reporting requirements, including monitoring, and implementing recent and proposed pronouncements on SEC reporting.
3. Own a consolidated financial workbook that incorporates all relevant financial information from our two operating subsidiaries, our public-facing parent entity, and all appropriate intercompany eliminations
4. Manage accounting for stock-based compensation, including valuation, debt, cash flows, equity, and consolidations including elimination entries.
5. Manage accounting for earnings per share
6. Manage tax-based accounting, compliance under ASC 740 and the appropriate treatment of the company’s deferred tax asset
7. Oversee revenue recognition process to ensure revenue recognition is in line with company policies and US GAAP.
8. Ensure Sarbanes-Oxley requirements are met for relevant areas and play a lead role in the overall SOX compliance effort.
9. Responsible for maintenance of Corporate Accounting Policies including periodic updates of accounting policies.
10. Act as a technical accounting resource by leading the researching, resolving, and documenting accounting issues that arise during the quarter. Provide guidance to finance team members to ensure significant transactions are properly accounted for and disclosed.
11. Develop and implement internal processes and timelines to ensure external reporting deadlines are met.
12. Coordinate reporting timelines, and scheduling of key quarterly meetings with management and external auditors.
13. Drive any necessary system enhancements to ensure timely reporting, including automation efforts.
14. Participate in earnings release process including preparation of the quarterly management reporting package, preparation, and analysis of support for investor relations as required, and review of financial information included in the earnings release and script.
15. Assist with the preparation of analyst presentations, ensuring they are consistent with SEC filings.
16. Monitor major corporate events, including significant contracts, mergers and acquisitions, debt and equity offerings, stock-based compensation and assess their accounting impact for Form 8-K and other required SEC disclosures.
The company designs, manufacturers, sells, leases and services innovative and proprietary small gas turbine generators and custom-fit heat exchangers. We provide on- and off-grid power that is always on, so our customers can save money, reduce their environmental footprint and focus on their business without interruption. From our field service teams to our engineers and support staff, we work together to provide value to our customers with power solutions that are reliable, clean, and simple.
Prior to its current capital raise process, the company has been privately held by a group of institutional private equity, family office and venture capital funds. Annual revenue is in the range of $25 – 50 million.
||1. Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Finance required
2. CPA required
3. Minimum 10 years of relevant experience
4. Manager-level experience with top tier audit firms required
5. In addition, public company controller experience preferred
6. IPO experience preferred
7. Overall understanding and experience in application of GAAP and SEC financial reporting requirements, including financial statements and financial statement footnotes and MD&A
8. Active Disclosure experience preferred
9. Proficient in researching and applying technical accounting literature
10. Self-motivated, strong work ethic and able to work independently with minimal supervision
11. Exceptionally proficient in Microsoft excel and the ability to create, maintain and navigate detailed financial statement files and support files
12. The ability to lead efficient virtual meetings and the walkthrough of detailed financial statements and support files
13. Must be able to effectively manage and prioritize critical deadlines
1. We are exploring candidates that are:
o Permanently remote, with the ability to travel upon occasion to meet with CFO and other finance team members. Consistent, efficient communication via virtual meetings and phone discussions are of course paramount in such settings
o Partially remote and partially in-person employee in either our Portsmouth, NH or Denver, CO offices
o Permanently in-person
Compensation and Benefits:
- Salary range: $175,000 - $225,000
- Annual discretionary bonus
- We offer a competitive compensation and benefits package including medical, dental, vision, flexible spending account, life and disability insurance, and a 401K plan (with company matching).