|Position Title ||:||Senior Director - Controller, NAM|
|Hiring Company ||:||MITSUBISHI POWER AMERICAS, INC.|
|Resume Recipient ||:||Hiring Company|
|Job Category ||:||Finance|
|Industry||:||Energy, Resources and Industrials|
|Nearest Metropolitan Area(s) ||:
|Primary Location City,|
The Senior Director - Controller is responsible for providing leadership and coordination of company financial planning, budget management functions and ensuring company accounting procedures conform to generally accepted accounting principles. Oversee all accounting activities and assume direct responsibility for the quality, accuracy and timeliness of financial information provided to internal and external parties. Lead efforts to ensure that the systems, controls, and infrastructure are in place to support a manufacturing business. Reporting to the Chief Financial Officer, this role will directly support the Vice President of North America Manufacturing and staff. Provide leadership and drive opportunities for cost savings and performance improvements. Supervise the reporting systems, policies, priorities and procedures relating to financial management, budgets, and accounting for select business units within the company.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Maintain control of all company policies and financial internal controls;
• Responsible for the maintenance of accounting records, receipts and expenditures;
• Direct the maintenance of general and subsidiary ledgers, accounts receivable, revenue distribution, depreciation, cost, property, and operating expenses, and insurance records;
• Direct and participate in cost analyses and rate studies;
• Review and verify statements and reports of estimated future costs and revenues;
• Lead working capital initiatives to improve cash conversion activities and enhance accurate and effective inventory management
• Value creation through finance initiatives that improve automation and transparency of financial data and link to the larger organizational vision to help drive strategy for manufacturing
• Direct internal audits involving review of accounting and administrative controls;
• Improve system controls for financial systems and procedures;
• Coordinate preparation of external audit materials and external financial reporting;
• Review financial statements with management personnel;
• Hire, direct and supervise the accounting staff in multiple locations, including Savannah and Orlando;
• Perform other such duties as may be required.
||KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & EDUCATION:
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
• Education and/or Experience: Bachelor's degree (B. A.) from four-year college or university; and at least twelve (12) years related experience and/or training in providing financial management for industrial manufacturing and/or projects.
• Language Skills: Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations. Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and the general public.
• Mathematical Skills: Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, commissions, proportions, percentages, area, circumference, and volume. Ability to apply concepts of basic algebra and geometry.
• Reasoning Ability: Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
• Computer Skills: Knowledge of ERP systems, and accounting, database, manufacturing, project management, spreadsheet, word processing and email software.