|Position Title ||:||Senior Director Corporate Accounting & Reporting|
|Hiring Company ||:||TENET HEALTHCARE CORPORATION|
|Resume Recipient ||:||Agency|
|Job Category ||:||Accounting/GAAP/Reporting|
|Industry||:||Life Sciences and Health Care|
|Nearest Metropolitan Area(s) ||:
|Primary Location City,|
||The Senior Director will report to the Corporate Assistant Controller with no travel expectations. S/he will oversee a team.
RESPONSIBILITIES & DUTIES
The Senior Director oversees various functions within the corporate accounting and financial reporting teams, including the financial statement consolidation process and financial analysis. S/he is involved with accounting for transactions (e.g., acquisitions, divestitures, joint ventures, debt, and leases). He/she is also involved with the company’s external SEC reporting and the external reporting of various subsidiaries. Other responsibilities include the following:
• Perform technical accounting research on various new or proposed accounting standards changes or on specific company transactions.
• Involvement with the implementation of new accounting standards, updating of the company’s accounting policies and supporting the training efforts on policy changes.
• Support the financial operations throughout the company in fielding questions about accounting policies or technical accounting matters.
• Involvement with the company’s compliance with Sarbanes-Oxley internal control requirements.
• Provide support to internal and external audit activities
As a leader within Tenet, the Senior Director will be expected to demonstrate the following traits and activities:
• Learning and Growth Management
• Communication - active listening, coaching, giving and receiving feedback, communication planning, disagreement/consensus building, effective written and verbal communications, meeting facilitation, and presenting information.
• Manage Relationships - conflict management, negotiations, persuasion/soliciting ideas, and team building.
• Develop Talent – identify and recruit diverse talent, apply behavioral interviewing, develop retention and succession plans, evaluate performance, and set goals and standards.
• Lead – create supportive innovation environment, motivate and influence, manage a vision/goals and purpose, manage change, prioritize and delegate, make decisions, and lead work teams.
• Experience Service Management
• Enhance Customer Satisfaction – use complaint management and service recovery, apply clinical quality management, monitor and improve patient and customer satisfaction, and use stakeholder identification and communication.
• Plan Strategically – utilize patient and customer satisfaction data, utilize employee engagement data, and assess population needs.
• Results and Outcomes Management
• Use Support Standards – apply benchmarking, collect and analyze data, create performance improvement environment, and apply LEAN principles.
• Plan and Execute – apply analytical thinking, plan and prioritize, problem solve and innovate, manage projects, and hold self and others accountable.
• Budget and Financial Management
• Financial Acumen – analyze reports and data/take appropriate action, develop/monitor and adjust budget, manage staffing and scheduling based on productivity, develop and analyze Requests for Proposal.
||• Public accounting experience is required. A minimum of fifteen (15) years total experience in corporate accounting and financial reporting, with a minimum of seven (7) years of public accounting experience required.
• A Bachelor’s degree in Accounting is required. A CPA designation is also required.
• Ability to multi-task, problem-solve, use personal computer and related software, and work independently.
• Strong written communication skills needed for developing guidance documents (e.g., white papers, training materials) to be utilized by others at all levels of the organization.
• Experience in supervisory role and ability to lead special project teams.
• Solid analytical skills, strong interpersonal skills, excellent organizational skills, professional and effective presentation skills, and strong ability to prioritize efficiently.
• Knowledge of Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP), process improvement and quality skills, project management skills, and effective written and verbal communication skills.
• A cooperative approach to problem-solving with the capability of building consensus and support, working across functional lines to engage disparate resources to work together to achieve desired results.
• A broad financial thinker and team player who works well with ambiguity and is able to transfer the vision/mission of the organization into a focused financial strategy and detailed practical plan for the future.
• An intuitive thinker who generates ideas and recommends new and/or modified approaches.
• An individual of highest personal and professional integrity, principle and knowledge, earning respect and support when making difficult decisions and choices.
• High energy, flexibility and the ability to work under pressure in a matrix organization.
• Must listen actively and accurately, encourage input from others. Provide clear directions. Maintain an ongoing dialogue with employees to ensure continual progress.
• Ability to work collaboratively with individuals critical to the successful execution of financial tasks.
• Ability to communicate effectively to senior leaders with a strong executive presence required.
All inquiries, nominations and applications are to be directed to Tenetacct@dubrof.com. Applications should include a letter of interest and resume in MSWORD. Please indicate in your cover letter where you learned of the opportunity. NO PHONE CALLS PLEASE.
Please note that only those candidates invited for screening will be contacted.
Tenet is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate against employees or qualified job applicants based on race, religion, color, sex, age, national origin, disability, veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, or any other status or condition protected by applicable law. This policy extends to, but is not limited to, recruitment, selection, compensation, benefits, promotion, training and termination.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not intended to construe an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified. All employees may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time-to-time, as needed.