||• Primary responsibility is the management of all network, cloud environments, support contracts, and maintenance activities, including employees, within the scope of the IT department for support and daily operations.
• Allocate support resources to ensure the correct and timely resolution of end user issues.
• This position facilitates the structuring and implementation of current and future processes to be determined to resolve Young’s Holdings Companies business objectives.
• This position and the staff are the primary interface between Information Technologies and end users, ensuring that users obtain the best support possible dealing with IT issues.
• This is an end to end operational role with responsibilities covering all support services (internal or external), hardware and cloud environments.
• Manages and directs support staff in achieving the goals set for the company
• Works closely with the business units, users and vendors to analyze and develop solutions to business problems
• Maintains yearly budget and controls maintenance costs.
• Oversees the maintenance and support of infrastructure as well as hosted environments.
• Develops test cases, scenarios and scripts, and implements test, develops on-line help and Job Aid documentations to support the user community
• Works closely with leadership in making recommendations on system issues and enhancements.
• Is the front line of the IT department and user community to resolve errors within the system and devises plans to implement corrective actions.
• Supervises the end user interactions regarding system problems and resolutions
• Serves as a central point of contact to staff on user issues and concerns related to end user support
• Works closely with leadership to define, direct and communicate support policies and procedures
• Participates in the definition of service level standards and management of staff to those standards
• Develops structured work flows for support staff and user base to follow, to create efficiency in processes
• Responsible for overall security within the environment(s). This will include email, file shares, PC’s, Mobile devices, communications, and application-based security.
• Interaction with software vendors, describing trouble areas, current issues, and overall performance topics to be regularly discussed.
• Manages relationships and resources for hosted environments (Office 365, Azure, etc.).
• May be involved negotiations with vendors or service providers.
||• 5-7 years of experience managing a medium to large IT environment.
• A Bachelor's degree from four-year college or university. Computer Science preferred.
• Software experience with operating systems, windows (XP-10), iOS, OSx, windows server, Linux and Android, mobile and standard computing platforms.
• Hardware experience with laptops and desktops, routers, VPN Technologies, switches, firewalls, wireless communication (WiFi, and Cellular).
• Cloud experience with Office 365, Microsoft Azure, Other hosted environments.
• Telecommunications experience around data lines, cloud base PBX (Phone systems).
• Excellent communication skills: Ability to read, analyze, and interpret common scientific and technical journals, financial reports, and legal documents. Ability to respond to inquiries from customers, employees and management. Ability to effectively communicate and present information to management, employees, and customers. Ability to work in a team-based environment. Ability to negotiate with in-house personnel and outside organizations. Ability to train in-house personnel.
• REASONING ABILITY: Ability to define problems collects data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions. Ability to interpret an extensive variety of technical instructions in mathematical or diagram form and deal with several abstract and concrete variables.
• MANAGEMENT ABILITY: Responsible for the overall direction, coordination, and evaluation of IT operations. Carries out management responsibilities in accordance with the organization's policies and applicable laws. Responsibilities include training employees; planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance, rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints, and solving problems. While this defines the primary responsibility of the manager this in no way limits the assignment of duties that may be deemed under the privy of the support team.
• While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit.
• The employee frequently is required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel.
• The employee is occasionally required to stand, walk, reach with hands and arms, and talk or hear.
• The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds.
• Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, and ability to adjust focus.