|Position Title ||:||Sr. Investment Accountant|
|Hiring Company ||:||NUVEEN INVESTMENTS|
|Resume Recipient ||:||Hiring Company|
|Job Category ||:||Accounting/GAAP/Reporting|
|Nearest Metropolitan Area(s) ||:
|Primary Location City,|
||About the Company
Nuveen, the investment manager of TIAA, offers a comprehensive range of outcome-focused investment solutions designed to secure the long-term financial goals of institutional and individual investors. Its affiliates offer deep expertise across a comprehensive range of traditional and alternative investments through a wide array of vehicles and customized strategies.
• Responsible for GAAP accounting, oversight, and financial reporting for certain Nuveen subsidiaries and assets under management; primarily real estate investments
• Research accounting guidance, prepare technical memos, and coordinate with Accounting Policy team to ensure appropriate application of accounting principles
• Determines and implements oversight procedures with the ability to independently perform testing within complex and/or technical accounting subject matters
• Participate in new product launches.
• Stays abreast of changes in GAAP, IFRS, SEC and industry literature to ensure compliance with financial and regulatory reporting requirements
• Oversees the work of Nuveen accountants, interns, and external accounting managers
• Liaises with external auditors for the timely completion of audit procedures and the issuance of audited financial statements
• Presents financial highlights at management meetings
• Partners across business lines within Nuveen, including, but not limited to, Asset Management, Middle Office, Risk Management, Valuations, Tax, Legal & Compliance, Treasury, and Business Development
• Maintains a sound internal control environment
• Leads cooperative efforts among members of a project team, including, but not limited to, systems implementations, technical accounting transitions, and regulatory efforts.
• Interacts with external auditors.
• Partners with Accounting Policy to keep abreast of changes in accounting and regulatory requirements.
• High level of focus on client service.
• Interfaces extensively with business partners across Nuveen Finance, Asset Management, Middle Office, Risk Management, and Legal & Compliance.
• 4+ years of accounting experience
• 2+ years of experience preparing financial statements with associated footnotes, balance sheets, income statements, and cash flows
• Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Finance
• Prior public accounting or fund accounting experience
• MBA or CPA is preferred
• Experience in real estate accounting
• Knowledge of SEC reporting
• Knowledge of Yardi system is a plus
• Excellent communication ( written and oral), with senior leaders and peers, facilitation, interpersonal and collaborative skills
• Proficient in Excel and Word
• Excellent communication skills; this role involves regular interaction with management, peers, and internal and external business partners
• Self-directed, self-starter, and motivated with the ability to work with minimal supervision
• Able to apply technical knowledge to identify ways to complete assignments efficiently and improve existing procedures
• Strong analytical skills and knowledge of GAAP to ensure the accurate accounting and reporting for real estate and debt funds
Equal Employment Opportunity is not just the law, it’s our commitment. Read more about the Equal Employment Opportunity Law.
If you need assistance applying due to being visually or hearing impaired, please email Careers Help.
We are an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. We will consider all qualified applicants for employment regardless of age, race, color, national origin, sex, religion, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other legally protected status.