SDI Media is the world’s leading localization provider of dubbing, subtitling, and
media services, utilizing the largest owned and operated network of recording
studios worldwide. SDI Media offers clients an end-to-end localization solution for
theatrical, broadcast, digital, interactive, and new media platforms using a
comprehensive suite of customizable localization applications. With over 40 years of
experience delivering translated content to global platforms, SDI Media continues to
be the most trusted localization partner worldwide.
The Director of Finance will report to the VP of Finance and have a dotted reporting
line to the SVP Corporate Controller. The Director of Finance will work with the US
Finance Team to improve, standardize, and automate processes and workflows
resulting in enhanced efficiencies, increased paperless processes, improved accuracy
and higher quality deliverables. The ideal candidate will be skilled at analysing
finance practices to make sound process change recommendations in addition to
being able to implement any process changes. This role requires someone who is
comfortable with ambiguity, is a self-starter and is able to implement sustainable
Principle Duties & Responsibilities
• Analyze and document current business processes, defining short term and
long term objectives and goals.
• Identify bottlenecks, inefficiencies and process delays for improvements.
• Prepare timelines for systems and process change implementation.
• Automate time consuming processes by using Office 365 or other tools that
will integrate with other departments requiring less time needed for
obtaining data for billing and other activities.
• Develop strategies to accelerate month end closing processes aimed at
freeing up resources and allowing for more strategic financial decisions.
• Prepare accurate accounting and reporting for SDI USA under US GAAP.
Oversee processes to ensure JSOX compliance.
• Drive month end close activities including preparation of month end close calendar.
• Review monthly reconciliations including cash, intercompany, CAPEX, accruals, and other balance sheet accounts.
• Review journal entries, including bank transactions, accruals, amortization and depreciation.
• Prepare month-end accruals and deferrals relating to revenue and production costs.
• Perform month-end analysis relating to direct margin, FPC/SG&A, and month-to-month fluctuations.
• Work closely with Operations to identify variance outliers and changes to reported revenue/cost.
• Oversee unbilled revenue and prepare related weekly/monthly reports for the Operations team.
• Prepare monthly reporting package to submit to Corporate.
• Manage cash flow and provide weekly reports to Corporate.
• Review monthly wire batches of contractor payments.
• Oversee new client onboarding and assessment of credit checks.
• Direct supervision of and collaboration with USA Senior Accountant, Junior Accountant, Accounts Receivable Supervisor, Accounts Payable Supervisor, and Collections Analyst.
• Assist direct reports with time management and the meeting of deadlines.
• Assist in developing and refining processes and standards including streamlining and improving workflows, working alongside Operations to ensure all needs are met.
• Implement process improvements to decrease overtime worked by staff.
• Motivate, mentor and train staff.
• Assign projects and direct staff to ensure compliance and accuracy.
• Review schedules for quarterly reviews and year-end audit.
• Facilitate audit requests and questions with internal and external auditors.
• Complete other projects as assigned by VP of Finance Americas.