||Tracing our roots to 1928, Wellington Management Company, LLP is one of the world’s largest independent investment management firms. With over US$1 trillion in assets under management as of 30 Sept 2019, we serve as a trusted adviser to institutional clients and mutual fund sponsors in over 60 countries. Our innovative investment solutions are built on the strength of proprietary, independent research and span the global capital markets, including equity, fixed income, multi-asset, and alternative strategies. As a private partnership whose sole business is investment management, our long-term views and interests are aligned with those of our clients. We are committed to attracting a talented and diverse workforce, and to fostering an open, collaborative, and inclusive culture because we believe multiple perspectives lead to more informed investment and business decisions. As an Equal Opportunity Employer, we welcome people with diverse life experiences, fresh ideas, and specialized subject-matter expertise.
The Corporate Actions team is a part of the Portfolio Administration Team within Portfolio Services. Portfolio Services provides each of Wellington’s investment teams with the data, controls, and support they need to ensure that their investment intent is accurately reflected in accordance with client regulatory and operational requirements. Other teams within Portfolio Services include Portfolio Implementation, Portfolio Administration, Portfolio Data and Portfolio Integrity.
The Corporate Actions Analyst is responsible for the day-to-day activities associated with managing and processing of all corporate events. The Analyst will work in a team setting and communicate regularly with other groups within Portfolio Services, and across the firm globally, including Trading, Portfolio Management, Legal, Performance, Derivative Operations, Private Equity, and Global Relationship Management. They will also serve as a resource to junior members of the team for market and event knowledge, escalations, and guidance.
• Work closely with Wellington’s corporate action service providers, custodians, and internal clients to develop and improve sound workflows;
• Support Portfolio Management teams by providing analysis and understanding of complex voluntary events;
• Execute daily processing/validation procedures while ensuring the integrity and consistency of global corporate action data across multiple platforms, and in alignment with market practice;
• Research and resolve in-conflict action details, communicate voluntary instructions, and confirm client entitlements;
• Identify and implement process improvements and system enhancements that increase efficiencies and/or reduce risk for the team and/or the firm;
• Work with internal and external groups to resolve complex action issues;
• Represent Corporate Actions at interdepartmental and external meetings.