||About The Association
Combining the strengths of the American Institute of CPAs and the Chartered Institute of Management Accountants, we empower the world’s most highly-skilled accountants – CPAs and CGMA designation holders – with the knowledge, insight and foresight to meet today’s demands and tomorrow’s challenges. We drive a dynamic accounting profession that works every day to build trust, create opportunity and grow prosperity worldwide.
Summary of Role
This position is responsible for driving Marketing excellence and developing strategies and value propositions to maximize Member (M) and Engaged Professional (EP) engagement, retention, average revenue per person, product penetration rates and a range of satisfaction scores that demonstrate we are meeting the full needs of our Member and Engaged Professionals.
The director will lead the global transformative experience team to develop, deliver and embed a clearly defined and differentiated strategy that will drive value and growth.
Accountabilities & Responsibilities
• Primary marketing lead for the marketing global organization with responsibility to promote marketing excellence and actively sharing best practices and advice across the wider organization.
• Responsible for ensuring the right content, products and services are delivered to match our M&EPs needs by working collaboratively with other teams within the Association and responsible for developing a superior and frictionless customer/ member experience, supporting development of new digital capabilities and channels to market.
• Jointly responsible along with Regional VPs for revenue generation and growth for $200M+ including M&EPs and student progression, retention and products and services.
• Responsible for defining, managing and executing Marketing plans and initiatives that deliver budgeted membership goals, using a variety of marketing techniques (including but not limited to social, digital, automation).
• Responsible for defining segments, micro-segments and jobs to be done to better meet the needs of our M&EPs career aspirations to deliver customer satisfaction and ARPM (Average Revenue Per Member) increase.
• Provide leadership on M&EPs value initiatives including marketing for major organizational initiatives and large scale research programs across Public Accounting (PA), Management Accounting (MA) and EP.
• Accountable for creating an engaged and robust customer experience journey across all channels with personalized and tailored content and messaging resulting in an engaged customer base and high net promoter score (NPS)
• Accountable for creating a mindset of continuous learning within the membership base and using the stores to deliver the right products at the right time, relevant to the individual’s career and industry.
• Responsible for inputting to and informing Product and Service development and pricing – assessing market priorities, segmentation needs, investment levels, brand plans and strategic objectives – working with revenue earning/ profession facing colleagues including the VP Consumer and Member Marketing and EVP MMx and other key stakeholders (e.g., Director -Transformative Growth, Commercial Director, EVP - Engagement & Learning Innovation) to help achieve their aims in this area.
• Responsible for customer led Existing Product Development (EPD) innovation and data driven insights to bundle existing products to better meet the needs of our M&EPs.
• Drives marketing data analytics, customer analytics and data, digital properties, customer behavior and activity tracking to increase current and new revenue streams including pilots and test & learn approaches. Working closely with the Market and Business Intelligence teams based within the Association, Managed Services and vendors.
• Lead and manage the M&EPs transformative Experience marketing team and associated direct line reports.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities Required
• This is a business-critical and a key development role and as such requires an individual with high potential and ability to continue career to C-suite. Potential is defined as having:
• People agility: Understanding and relating to other people, as well as tough situations to harness and multiply collective performance, across all levels and functions of the organization
• Change agility: experimentation in work and roles, curious and effectively dealing with the discomfort of change. Ability to move across key functional departments effectively (specifically sales and marketing) and deliver out performance.
• Results agility: drive to deliver results in first-time situations by inspiring teams, and exhibiting a presence that builds confidence in themselves and others to deliver performance.
• Intellectual agility: ability to absorb information and data to make the right decisions at the right time without having had in role experience.
• Communication agility: ability to communicate effectively and inspire belief and confidence in a narrative for growth across all levels of the organization.
• Ability to drive customer led innovation and data driven insights team, including vendors
• Proactive attitude to personal training and development to ensure ongoing best practice is brought into the organization and into the team’s capabilities.
||Required Experience, Qualifications & Education
• Bachelor’s degree in marketing, business, finance or similar area
• Strong understanding of CPA & CGMA designations and profession
• 10+ years of relevant work experience in leadership roles with operational and P&L responsibility
• Global experience of having direct P&L responsibility for revenue generation
• Global marketing experience and proven success within digital, CRM and sales and marketing
• Global product and product promotion experience with high profile products
• Global sales experience with high profile products
• Proven global experience in creating integrated, holistic and personalized customer journeys and experience
• Proven experience running or operating in an Agile working environment
• Disruptive marketing experience in either consumer products, technology, or education
• Marketing and product strategy setting across all channels including digital, B2C and B2B
• Consumer research, analytics and segmentation experience (Agency side or Client side)
• Strong team management with evidence of turning around low performing or mature business units
• Collaborative cross team management and working to tight deadlines
• Ability to travel globally ~25%
Preferred Experience, Qualifications & Education
• CPA professional qualification
Why Work for Us?
At The Association, you are part of a global, diverse and talented group of colleagues. You have opportunities to innovate and collaborate in a leading organization that impacts individuals and businesses. You’ll have opportunities to progress while enjoying an exciting work environment that supports and celebrates individual achievement, development and professional satisfaction. Together, we will lead the most influential body of professional accountants and create the future of the global accounting profession.