||Zipline's mission is to provide every human on Earth with instant access to vital medical supplies by making a world in which access to quality care does not depend on your zip code or GPS coordinates. Too many people are underserved by last century's limited solutions: trucks, trains, and washed-out roads. Zipline leap-frogs these outdated solutions with a drone delivery network that is revolutionizing access to healthcare and serving everyone on Earth equally.
To date, we have completed more than 18,000 deliveries of essential medical products, including blood, vaccines, and more. We are currently operating at national scale in Rwanda, and expanding in Ghana and beyond. We have fundamentally changed what is possible for infrastructure and logistics in order to get doctors the products they need when they need them by simplifying the healthcare supply chain.
The individual in this role will be a senior team member with responsibilities within both Finance and Accounting. At Zipline, Finance and Accounting is responsible for building a world-class global financial system. We need someone who is motivated by our mission to provide every human on Earth with instant access to vital medical supplies. This person will be a key team member supporting the accounting and finance function and be adept at maintaining high quality financial data. The person will possess a willingness and ability to work hands-on and with a sense of urgency, in a fast-paced, collaborative environment.
||We are looking for someone who...
• Has a strong accounting and finance background, preferably with 4 to 5 years of mixed industry background, including public accounting (Big 4) experience
• Holds a degree in finance or accounting and CPA qualified (or pursuing CPA qualification), with in-depth knowledge of -US Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (US GAAP)
• Has extensive knowledge and experience in architecting financial systems and processes in a tech and manufacturing startup environment
• Has excellent written and verbal communication skills with the ability to effectively present to and engage with a wide range of audiences, including the Big 4 accounting and tax firms
• Is able to multitask, prioritize, and manage their time effectively and independently
• Is ready to take on increasing responsibility over time and grow quickly
• Is genuine, trust-worthy, and comfortable in their own skin
In your role as the Senior Accounting and Finance Analyst you will…
• Manage the full-cycle general ledger monthly close process (within 5 business days) and related activities to ensure accounts are properly reconciled and reported in accordance with US GAAP
• Own all day-to-day US accounting operations including: vendor invoice processing, bank and credit card reconciliation, posting of applicable journal entries, inventory costing and accounting, etc
• Manage sales and use tax reporting
• Assist with weekly financial spent reports and investor reporting
• Interface regularly and directly with various teams, including Manufacturing, Supply Chain, and Product & Engineering
• Assist in the design and implementation of controls, processes, accounting technical memos, and policies so that Zipline is audit-ready in the future
• Be the ultimate champion and guardian of Zipline's culture internally and externally
We value diversity at Zipline and welcome applicants who are traditionally underrepresented in our industry. If you like the sound of this position, but are not sure if you are the perfect fit, please apply!
Zipline is an equal opportunity employer and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, favorite ice cream flavor, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws or our own sensibilities.