LLR Partners is recruiting an accomplished growth executive to lead the Strategy function of our Value Creation Team (VCT). This executive will be responsible for creating a repeatable strategy process and executing across the LLR portfolio. Having defined the model, the leader will work collaboratively with LLR portfolio companies advising and assisting the development and positive evolution of each company’s strategy and the definition of 5 year strategic initiatives that support accelerated growth. Initially the role will be an individual contributor utilizing consultants to assist, and this will evolve to create a team of resources ideally suited to support LLR’s portfolio strategy and market development. While it is desirable that the leader establishes, build and runs this team for a long period of time, it will be possible to rotate into a leadership role in a portfolio company if appropriate once the team and processes are built.
The Value Creation Team (VCT)
LLR’s VCT works collaboratively with the management teams of our portfolio companies to help accelerate growth by providing best practice sharing, experience-based advice and access to functional experts/resources. The VCT is staffed by seasoned operators with experience leading growth companies who can serve as trusted advisors to the management teams of our portfolio companies. LLR’s VCT has been developed over the last eight years and delivers value every day to our portfolio focused on increasing enterprise value. Having defined the model for success, LLR is now investing to grow this team and accelerate the growth of our portfolio.
LLR’s VCT delivers a practical mix of guidance and resources to help create value through the collective expertise of our team and our extensive third-party network. These integrated resources have been purposefully designed to help accelerate the growth of lower middle market companies by leveraging industry, financial and functional expertise as well as best practices for strategic planning, operational excellence, talent management, corporate development and exit planning. Some of the disciplines that the team focuses on, include: Human Capital, Strategy, Sales and Marketing, Finance and Technology. The VCT also provides operational input during the due diligence phase of investments both advising on the suitability of investment and also to prepare a 100 day execution plan once the investment is made.
LLR Partners is expanding our leadership capabilities as we continue to grow. Reporting to the new head of the VCT, this highly visible role will lead the strategy practice of our VCT, supporting our portfolio companies’ development of their strategic and organic growth initiatives. The goal is to create a data driven strategic approach that supports better focus and choices. We are seeking a highly accomplished, service-oriented leader to serve as a trusted advisor to our portfolio companies, driving strategy process best practices and a customer service model. We believe this is an exciting opportunity for the right individual, who is a cultural fit, to join and help expand the firm while having a stable career with significant up-side and potential. This is an opportunity that is not generally available in the market, and we are eager to connect with those who meet the qualifications.
In this role you will:
• Focus on the needs of fast growth middle market companies; pragmatic strategies that provide focus, GTM regional and vertical choices, clear product roadmaps, M+A criteria and targets and organizational structure to support these strategies
• Define the engagement model and scope of service for the strategy function and develop best practices, playbooks and resources to enable the portfolio’s strategic priorities
• Create a process and consistent set of deliverables for quickly assessing new investments and for providing the investment teams and management teams with a prioritized list of operational recommendations
• Lead the VCT initial investment assessment, and coordinate the VCT resources with the investment deal professionals and own the VCT 100 day plan deliverables
• Partner and collaborate with LLR investment teams and portfolio company management teams on strategy
• Build a process of efficiently corralling data (both company and third party) for each company that allows them to understand their market and justify the investment choices they make
• Cultivate and manage third party resources, in addition to LLR’s internal resources, that can provide additional support and expertise to the strategy process
• Maintain a strategy refresh process enabling companies to maintain their strategic path through the life of the LLR investment
• Drive a culture of continuous improvement and self-learning in the art of middle market strategy both internally to the VCT and in the portfolio
• Support Exit planning for each portfolio company
• Roll-up your sleeves and work closely with the portfolio leadership teams and LLR investment teams to help them implement and achieve accelerated growth
• Have the potential, for the right candidate, to rotate into a portfolio company