||Vanguard has a Senior Auditor opportunity in our U.S. Audit Services team in Malvern, PA. As a Senior Auditor you'll perform risk-based and advisory engagements across a breadth of divisions and subjects, to evaluate management’s internal control environment. Using your knowledge of risks and controls, you’ll collaborate with key stakeholders and senior leaders, and drive meaningful change. You'll be a part of the team that protects, preserves, and defends Vanguard. Vanguard knows that where risk is concerned, prevention is the best medicine. That’s why Internal Audit is one of our most valued partners; they are the experts who aid business areas in evaluating internal controls and ensure the integrity, confidentiality, and availability of business data.
How you’ll spend your days
This highly independent role operates as a true partner to our business areas: working side by side with aligned departments in an agile setting, you’ll offer deep analysis of their processes, determine levels of associated risk, and evaluate controls to ensure adequacy. During the planning, testing, reporting, and follow-up steps of the audit process, you will provide consultation, and identify opportunities for improvement that allow business groups to achieve operational and strategic goals. Assignments will alternate between various business groups around the enterprise, enabling a greater impact and the opportunity to gain exposure to a variety of functions and departments. For each assignment, you’ll prepare and deliver high-quality internal workpapers, process/control narratives, flowcharts, testing documentation, conclusions, recommendations and audit report findings. By cultivating positive and effective working relationships with these aligned business areas, and risk partners, you’ll further drive Audit’s position as a trusted advisor.
In this role you will:
• Perform complex work for risk-based audits and advisory engagements (including research, evaluation and analysis, testing and reporting) on topics related to risk, governance, process, technology, controls, and operating practices of assigned engagements.
• Communicate with various levels of management (department and client) to discuss engagement progress and results. This includes identifying opportunities to strengthen processes/controls and related remediation efforts.
• Participate in client discussions throughout the engagement and execute audit and advisory work, including assessment of risk and effectiveness of controls based on relevant knowledge and experience.
• Prepare and deliver high-quality internal work papers and client facing deliverables such as process/control narratives, flowcharts, testing documentation, conclusions, recommendations and audit report findings to be shared with the audit team and clients.
• Communicate expectations to auditors and provides meaningful feedback to help develop auditors by identifying and communicating areas for improvement in a timely manner. Executes the day-to-day project plan and performs detailed review of other team members’ work.
• Be a mentor to less experienced auditors by coaching on internal audit processes and methodology as well as business lines and supporting technology.
||What it takes:
• Undergraduate degree in a business related field of concentration or equivalent combination of training and experience. Professional certification or advanced degree (e.g., MBA, CPA, CIA) is a plus.
• Two to four years general business experience required. Experience in audit, risk or controls (i.e. operational audits, financial statement audits, internal audits, advisory/consulting, controls/compliance/legal) preferred.
• Working knowledge of and demonstrated interest in the financial services industry.
• Demonstrated ability to function in fast paced, ambiguous environment working with multiple and diverse responsibilities.
• Strong conceptual thinking aptitude.
• Excellent time and project management and strong relationship management skills.
• Strong interpersonal skills, including: written and verbal communications, willingness to assist in areas outside of direct assignments when necessary, and commitment to self-improvement and completion of team objectives.
Vanguard is not offering visa sponsorship for this position.
We are Vanguard. Together, we’re changing the way the world invests.
For us, investing doesn’t just end in value. It starts with values. Because when you invest with courage, when you invest with clarity, and when you invest with care, you can get so much more in return. We invest with purpose – and that’s how we’ve become a global market leader. Here, we grow by doing the right thing for the people we serve. And so can you.
We want to make success accessible to everyone. This is our opportunity. Let’s make it count.
Vanguard’s continued commitment to diversity and inclusion is firmly rooted in our culture. Every decision we make to best serve our clients, crew (internally employees are referred to as crew), and communities is guided by one simple statement: “Do the right thing.”
We believe that a critical aspect of doing the right thing requires building diverse, inclusive, and highly effective teams of individuals who are as unique as the clients they serve. We empower our crew to contribute their distinct strengths to achieving Vanguard’s core purpose through our values.
When all crew members feel valued and included, our ability to collaborate and innovate is amplified, and we are united in delivering on Vanguard's core purpose.
Our core purpose: To take a stand for all investors, to treat them fairly, and to give them the best chance for investment success.