||Thank you for your interest in Johns Hopkins Health System Supply Chain. Supply Chain is embarking on an exciting journey to become a leader in the industry. We have re-set our vision in order to provide even better care for our patients and are looking to hire the best people to enable this. We want to challenge you to think boldly, strategically and to not be constrained by the way things have always been done. Please join us on our journey to building the supply chain of the future.
The Analyst 1 reports into the Manager of Analytics of the Supply Chain Analytics team at Johns Hopkins Health System (JHHS). This position is part of a pool of analysts that are flexibly deployed to support strategic supply chain initiatives. The analysts are cross-trained and can contribute to these strategic initiatives through a range of activities, including, but not limited to, data analytics, financial analysis, capital analysis, contract review and analysis, and project management and implementation. The strategic supply chain initiatives could be situated at the corporate-level, the hospital-level, the warehouse-level or at Ambulatory Surgery Centers and they could pertain to sourcing, value analysis, procurement or inventory management.
The pool of analysts consists of three levels (Analyst 1, Analyst 2 and Analyst 3). The Analyst 1 is the most junior analyst across the three levels and is designed as an entry level role. Individuals within the Analyst 1 position will be tasked with supporting collection, cleansing, visualization and interpretation of supply chain data to inform business intelligence and drive strategic supply chain decisions. They could be responsible for discreet projects working directly with other supply chain teams to, for example, achieve cost savings or quality improvements for clinical or non-clinical initiatives (E.g. market research or spend, volume and utilization analysis) or optimize procurement processes (e.g. processing shopping carts and purchasing requests). They could also be responsible for contributing to analytics capability development (e.g. cross-training in the analyst pool) and any other tasks as assigned.
A relevant bachelor’s degree is required (e.g. computer science, informatics, management of information systems, data science, business, supply chain). A Master’s degree or equivalent experience is preferred. Equivalent work experience may be substituted.
Strong understanding of analytical approaches for answering business questions. Knowledge of data modelling and visualization and advanced knowledge of Microsoft Excel. Knowledge of the above in a supply chain or health care setting is preferred but not required. Knowledge of EHR or Warehouse Management Software preferred, but not required.
• Dynamic, adaptable and quick learner
• Analytical thinking and problem-solving skills including ability to identify problems, make recommendations and decisions, and implement solutions
• Strong interpersonal and relationship management skills
• Verbal and written communication and presentation skills
• Attention to detail to produce accurate reports and analysis
• Organization and time management skills, prioritizing projects as required
• Ability to work effectively in a fast-paced, changing environment and meet deadlines
• Advanced excel skills
• Ability to work in cross-functional teams
• Ability to learn and work in ERP supply chain applications, e.g. SAP
• Interested in healthcare and supply chain
• Required Licensure Certification, etc.
• Not required
• 6 months related experience is required. Experience in a supply chain, healthcare or analytics environment is preferred.
• Machines, Tools, Equipment:
• Microsoft office (especially Excel and Microsoft Word). Knowledge of benchmarking tools and ERP applications is preferred but not required
Authority/Decision Making Level:
Makes decisions based on experience and data collection. Supports the overall goals and objectives of the department. Prioritizes and organizes work for staff to meet changing priorities.
Ability to interpret complex data and provide actionable recommendations in line with the JHHS supply chain vision.
Utilize data and reports obtained from various systems to develop or supplement reporting in support of departmental activities, such as analysis, decision making and management/stakeholder presentations
Works in a normal office environment where there are few physical discomforts due to temperature, noise, dust, etc.
Johns Hopkins Health System and its affiliates are an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employers. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, age, national origin, mental or physical disability, genetic information, veteran status, or any other status protected by federal, state, or local law.
Johns Hopkins Health System and its affiliates are drug-free workplace employers.