||Thank you for your interest in Johns Hopkins Health System Supply Chain. Supply Chain is embarking on an exciting journey to become a leader in the industry. We have re-set our vision in order to provide even better care for our patients and are looking to hire the best people to enable this. We want to challenge you to think boldly, strategically and to not be constrained by the way things have always been done. Please join us on our journey to building the supply chain of the future.
The Director of Analytics reports into the Senior Director of Analytics of the Supply Chain Analytics team at Johns Hopkins Health System (JHHS). This position is responsible for overseeing the execution of the supply chain analytics vision and strategy set out by the Senior Director of Analytics. This includes strategic supply chain initiatives situated at the corporate-level, the hospital-level, the warehouse-level or at Ambulatory Surgery Centers which could pertain to sourcing, value analysis, procurement and inventory management. Examples of the strategic initiatives could include, but are not limited to, data analytics, financial analysis, capital analysis, contract review and analysis, and project management and implementation. This also includes establishing an efficient and effective analytics division in supply chain that provides excellent customer service.
In overseeing the execution of the supply chain analytics vision and strategy, the Director of Analytics has the following responsibilities:
• Oversee the management of a pool of analysts who can be flexibly be deployed according to strategic priorities
• Provide second-level quality assurance and control for analytics directed at executive leadership and other key stakeholders by validating inputs, outputs and methodologies/calculations
• Support the Sr. Dir. Analytics with managing incoming project requests and managing stakeholders; and support the Manager of Analytics with staffing analysts in the analyst pool according to interests, skills and development areas and according to the incoming project requests
• Define the analytics capability development strategy for supply chain analytics (e.g. development of analytical tools & templates) in collaboration with the Sr. Dir. Analytics
• Define the cross-training strategy for the analyst pool in collaboration with the Sr. Dir. Analytics and the Manager of Analytics
• Provide best practice on supply chain analytics
• Provide day to day oversight, support and mentorship for Manager of Analytics
A. Education and Experience:
A relevant bachelor’s degree is required (e.g. computer science, informatics, management of information systems, data science, business, supply chain). A Master’s degree or equivalent experience is preferred. At least 8 years of experience in progressively more sophisticated analytics role. is required. Experience in a health care setting is preferred but not required.
Advanced knowledge of supply chain analytics includes collection, cleansing, analysis and interpretation of supply chain data for a wide variety of project types (e.g. sourcing, procurement, inventory and value analysis) and a wide variety of organizational levels (e.g. corporate, hospital, warehouse and ambulatory surgery center). Knowledge of ERP Supply Chain applications (e.g. SAP), Warehouse Management Software and EPIC to enable data analysis preferred but not required. Knowledge of staffing concepts, ideally in Analytics departments. Knowledge of project management. Knowledge of supply chain functions, ideally in a health care setting.
• Ability to provide leadership, strategic direction, oversight and management for an analytics team in a large and complex supply chain function for a large health system
• Dynamic, adaptable and quick learner with track record of building analytics capability in supply chain
• Demonstrated ability in building and leading high performing teams and in coaching and developing staff
• Ability to take a supply chain analytics strategy and execute against it through to completion efficiently and effectively, whilst providing excellent customer service
• Strong influencing, collaboration and stakeholder management skills up to and including at the executive level
• Ability to drive change while delivering value within a team-based culture
• Experience in adopting leading practices and designing and implementing digital supply chain solutions
• Deep analytical, problem-solving and decision-making skills
• Ability to work with cross-functional teams
• Exceptional relationship building, interpersonal and communication skills up to and include executive level
• Ability to conduct quality assurance and control of analytics inputs, outputs and methodologies across a wider range of project areas (e.g. sourcing, procurement, inventory and value analysis) and organizational levels (e.g. corporate, hospital, warehouse and ambulatory surgery center)
• Aptitude for understanding organizational priorities and staffing needs
• Managing a broad scope of responsibilities by prioritizing work and managing stakeholder expectations effectively
• Consistently delivering an exceptional customer experience, even in times of high volume, ambiguity or adversity
A. Budget Responsibility:
B. Authority/Decision Making Level:
Conducts hiring and employment termination decisions in collaboration with the Senior Director of Analytics for a team of 15+ FTEs.
C. Supervisory Responsibility:
Responsible for overseeing and motivating and developing a team of analysts and the manager of that team of analysts
Johns Hopkins Health System and its affiliates are Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employers. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, sex, age, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, and or any other status protected by federal, state, or local law.