|Position Title ||:||Assistant Vice President, Emerging Tech Initiatives|
|Hiring Company ||:||NEW YORK ECONOMIC DEVELOPMENT CORP.|
|Resume Recipient ||:||Hiring Company|
|Job Category ||:||Strategy|
|Industry||:||Government and Public Services|
|Nearest Metropolitan Area(s) ||:
|Primary Location City,|
||Our Vision: To make New York City the global model for inclusive innovation and economic growth, fueled by the City's diverse people and businesses.
Our Mission: To create shared prosperity across New York City's five boroughs by strengthening neighborhoods and growing good jobs.
The Initiatives Department at NYCEDC seeks to understand the rapidly-changing landscape of NYC's key economic sectors and to design, develop, and implement innovative programs that address specific sector challenges and opportunities. Initiatives projects are strategic and impact-focused, spanning key industries such as: urban innovation & sustainability, emerging & applied technology, fashion, life sciences, healthcare, and cybersecurity.
Your Role: Reporting to the Senior Vice President of the Creative and Applied Tech portfolio, the Assistant Vice President (AVP) will be responsible for developing and managing a portfolio of programs that support emerging technology sectors of strategic importance to the City. These can include both ongoing and pre-launch projects across VR/AR, blockchain, artificial intelligence and big data, space technology commercialization, quantum computing, and new media.
• Manage and oversee a portfolio of programs: Ensure project milestones, outcomes and objectives are achieved and communicated to appropriate stakeholders by managing cross-departmental teams and multiple partnerships
• Offer expertise in emerging technologies and develop a comprehensive understanding of economic development opportunities in these areas
• Manage relationships with key external stakeholders and serve as a point person for various initiatives with the SVP
• Leverage exceptional problem-solving skills to identify key issues/questions, develop and ensure follow through on comprehensive work plans (project scope, timelines, required analyses, individual responsibilities, etc.)
• Create and deliver presentations that effectively communicate key project findings and recommendations to various audiences (e.g., senior EDC staff, City Hall staff, partner agencies, external stakeholders, etc.)
• Conduct or oversee primary and secondary research, data gathering and analysis
• Identifies opportunities for new program areas and leads new program ideation
• Contribute to team development and help oversee junior staff
• Other duties as assigned
• Proven track-record of managing complex analytical projects to solve problems and provide actionable advice to senior decision-makers
• Ability to effectively balance a portfolio of projects, with potentially competing demands and deadlines, to respond to dynamic organizational priorities
• Very strong communication skills – both verbal and written – and a track record of interfacing with and advising senior leadership
• Passion for coaching, professional development and building strong teams
• Demonstrated interest or experience in economic development, real estate, New York City, and/or public policy issues
• 7+ years of relevant work experience (e.g., management consulting firm, investment banking, strategic planning, program design and execution, partnership management), 3+ in a strategy role in a demanding analytical environment
• Demonstrated experience structuring projects from start to finish, leading projects through ambiguity, and galvanizing resources from various teams in concerted action
• Outstanding relationship management, communications (written and verbal) and presentations skills
• Demonstrated track record of developing and maintaining productive working relationships with internal and external clients and parties
• Ability to look strategically at the big picture and search for insightful, creative solutions
• Comfort interfacing with senior officials and leaders in both the public and private sectors
• Extensive project management experience; ability to set up the problem, prioritize among competing needs, manage projects against tight timelines, and proactive and collaborative style that works well in teams
• Strong quantitative and problem-solving skills, comfort building financial models and conducting ROI analysis, and skill working with data sets
• Strong team management and experience developing and mentoring junior-level staff
• Proactive self-starter and team player; able to work in collaborative, cross-functional teams
• Expertise and knowledge of the tech sector (direct work experience in tech a big plus)
• New York City residency is required within 180 days of hire
About Us: NYCEDC is New York City's primary vehicle for promoting economic growth in each of the five boroughs. Our mission is to create shared prosperity across New York City's five boroughs by strengthening neighborhoods and growing good jobs. We do this by developing, managing, and implementing expansion and redevelopment programs that encourage investment and strengthen the city's competitive position.
NYCEDC is dedicated to the creation of a dynamic, equitable, and sustainable urban economy. We are making sure that whatever happens next, happens right here in New York City—and that all New Yorkers are a part of it.
NYCEDC offers many unique advantages for an exciting and fulfilling career. As part of our team, you'll enjoy:
• The unique opportunity to make an impact on New York City
• Working on diverse, unique, and challenging projects
• Working closely with teams of creative, highly motivated, and passionate people
• Learning opportunities designed to enhance the practical skills and business knowledge of our employees
• Excellent benefits, including company-paid 401(a) pension plan, 457(b) tax-advantaged retirement savings plans, medical, dental and vision benefits, generous paid family leave and paid time off, and other perks
The New York City Economic Development Corporation is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Our diversity and inclusion mission is to attract, retain, and engage a diverse workforce comprised of talented people. NYCEDC employees can expect to work as part of a highly engaged, passionate and inclusive workforce where everyone's contributions are valued, respected and make an impact on one of the best and most diverse cities in the world!