||At Wells Fargo, we want to satisfy our customers’ financial needs and help them succeed financially. We ’re looking for talented people who will put our customers at the center of everything we do. Join our diverse and inclusive team where you’ll feel valued and inspired to contribute your unique skills and experience.
Help us build a better Wells Fargo. It all begins with outstanding talent. It all begins with you.
Wholesale Banking provides financial solutions to businesses across the United States and globally. Our four major business lines include Corporate & Investment Banking, Commercial Banking, Commercial Real Estate, and Wells Fargo Commercial Capital. We also have groups in credit risk, group risk, finance, marketing, human relations, and the Wholesale Chief Operating Office that support our businesses.
Wholesale Strategy (WS) is accountable for strategy for Wells Fargo’s Wholesale Banking business. WS drives the annual strategic planning process for Wholesale Banking. As part of the process, WS facilitates discussions amongsenior leaders to promote alignment and collaboration across LOBs and support groups. WS also develops solutions to specific strategic problems, and leads a variety of high-impact initiatives. The types of initiatives include business portfolio reviews, business strategy formulation, priority alignment across LOBs, business case development for strategic investment, and the enhancement of control and governance. WS is part of the Wholesale COO Group.
The Wholesale Strategy Senior Consultant is responsible for independently managing small projects, assisting senior members of the team as they lead larger strategic initiatives, solve complex strategic issues and manage the strategic planning process. A successful candidate must be a strategic thinker and have outstanding analytical, problem-solving and communication skills. The candidate needs to have strong leadership and interpersonal skills as he/she needs to collaborate with senior partners from LOBs and support groups. The candidate should also have a strong understanding of Wholesale Banking businesses.
• Independently lead and manage small projects and assignments
• Support the team’s senior leaders as they lead larger strategic initiatives, solve complex strategic issues and manage the strategic planning process
• Help develop project plans by structuring issues that need to be resolved, identifying key activities and determining timelines
• Develop problem-solving frameworks, gather the necessary data and information, and conduct analysis to draw insights
• Partner with subject matter experts to obtain the information necessary to solve problems
• Help develop recommendations, business cases and execution roadmaps, and drive documentation
• Track industry and global trends to assess possible implications for and impact on Wholesale Banking’s strategy
• Perform all of the above with an enterprise mindset to ensure alignment, consistency, and the maximization of shareholder value
• Team members support our focus on building strong customer relationships balanced with a strong risk mitigating and compliance-driven culture which firmly establishes those disciplines as critical to the success of our customers and company.
• They are accountable for execution of all applicable risk programs (Credit, Market, Financial Crimes, Operational, Regulatory Compliance), which includes effectively following and adhering to applicable Wells Fargo policies and procedures, appropriately fulfilling risk and compliance obligations, timely and effective escalation and remediation of issues, and making sound risk decisions. There is emphasis on proactive monitoring, governance, risk identification and escalation, as well as making sound risk decisions commensurate with the business unit’s risk appetite and all risk and compliance program requirements.
• A Master's degree or higher
• Required Qualifications - 5+ years of strategic planning experience
• International banking experience
• Ability to interact with all levels of an organization
• Knowledge and understanding of wholesale banking products and services
• Outstanding problem solving skills
• Strong analytical skills with high attention to detail and accuracy
• Strong organizational, multi-tasking, and prioritizing skills
• Strong presentation skills
• Strong, clear and concise written and oral communication skills
• Robust experience in analysis of the industry landscape, economic environment and competitive intelligence,
identifying trends, gaps and business opportunities to drive revenue growth
Extensive consulting project experience
• Ability to travel up to 5% of the time