||The Google People Services, Operations function is the services and program management group within People Operations that makes HR stuff easy and intuitive for Googlers. Our global team optimizes people processes, from problem definition to execution. We partner with teams across People Operations and in engineering to bring innovation and technology to the way we attract, retain and grow Googlers worldwide. We focus on providing an amazing experience to past, present and future Googlers, and work in Google’s fast-paced environment to deliver 100+ operational services, manage the contingent workforce and implement HR programs across 70+ countries. Regardless of location or level of experience, members of the Operations team have the opportunity to create, develop and implement some of the most complex global operations around the world.
The Google People Services, Extended Workforce Solutions (xWS) team manages end-to-end oversight of Google’s Extended (Contingent) Workforce. The xWS team is responsible for the strategy, governance, and operations across the Temp, Vendor and Contractor (TVC) space. Our team makes it easy for Google managers to engage with the contingent workforce, providing training, standards, and guidelines to minimize Google’s risk and offering data and insights on planning and strategy for new and existing engagements. We provide processes, tools and know-how to support Googlers through the lifecycle of contingent workforce engagements, so our businesses can make informed decisions to put the right talent in the right locations.
• Collaborate cross-functionally across Supply Chain, Ethics and Compliance, Employment Legal, and others to drive supplier risk mitigation projects.
• Ensure our contingent workforce (e.g., providers of transportation, construction, staff augmentation, business process outsourcing services) meet Google’s labor, ethics, privacy, information security, health and safety requirements.
• Help keep our contingent workforce safe by managing prioritized assessment/audit and plans based on risk assessment.
• Support on-site and/or virtual assessments and audits, produce reports detailing methodology, results, and action plans.
• Support training and communications regarding Google’s risk initiatives and other compliance requirements among our contingent workforce suppliers.
• 5 years of prior compliance and risk management experience.
• Experience with program and project management.
• Supplier management experience with a focus on risk mitigation.
• Experience driving assessment/audit findings closure, including plans with internal or external partners.
• Experience driving and managing training, analysis, and effectiveness assessments.
• Familiarity with risk management processes, grievance mechanisms, anti-harassment programs, etc.
• Ability to work collaboratively in a team environment, be diplomatic and influence stakeholders, vendors and global teams.
• Ability to analyze, manage, and track large datasets.