||About the job
The Google People Services, Operations function is the services and program management group within People Operations that makes HR stuff easy and intuitive for Googlers. Our global team optimizes people processes, from problem definition to execution. We partner with teams across People Operations and in engineering to bring innovation and technology to the way we attract, retain and grow Googlers worldwide. We focus on providing an amazing experience to past, present and future Googlers, and work in Google’s fast-paced environment to deliver 100+ operational services, manage the contingent workforce and implement HR programs across 70+ countries. Regardless of location or level of experience, members of the Operations team have the opportunity to create, develop and implement some of the most complex global operations around the world.
In this role, you'll work closely with internal and external teams across the globe as a second-line of defense to mitigate contingent workforce risks by ensuring controls are designed and operated effectively. You will contribute excellent leadership skills and develop your career while working with, and learning from, experienced professionals from different backgrounds. Additionally, you will develop new policies and programs that are critical to our continued success.
The Google People Services, Extended Workforce Solutions (xWS) team manages oversight of Google’s extended/Contingent workforce. We are responsible for the strategy, governance, and operations across the Temp, Vendor, and Contractor (TVC) space and make it easy for Google managers to engage with the contingent workforce, providing training, standards, and guidelines to minimize Google’s risks, offering data and insights on planning and strategy. We provide processes, tools, and support to Googlers through the lifecycle of contingent workforce engagements, so our businesses can make informed decisions to put the right talent in the right locations.
• Conduct risk assessments and objectively identify and assess risks in the contingent workforce space including operational, legal, PR, cultural, and financial risks.
• Develop and execute a plan to effectively test controls which includes the objective, scope, approach, budgets, and timelines.
• Develop sound and balanced recommendations and guidance to improve process and controls in partnership with management and risk partners.
• Design and execute detailed tests to obtain assurance on the design and operating effectiveness of controls. Prepare reports to document the scope, procedures, findings, and recommendations.
• Bachelor's degree in Business, Finance, Accounting or equivalent practical experience.
• 4 years of experience working in an audit or compliance role, testing controls, and recommending process and controls improvements.
• CPA/CIA or related certification.
• Experienced in risk management, audit, or compliance programs within large organizations and a large contingent workforce. Experience identifying and assessing risks and designing and testing controls.
• Ability to take initiative to address challenges and make continuous process improvements. Ability to work with teams cross functionally and cross-regionally.
• Ability to effectively interact across all levels, set objectives, drive results, influence, and work with a wide variety of departments.
• Ability to navigate through ambiguity, manage, and coordinate multiple project assignments simultaneously, be accountable for processes, and deliver on commitments.
• Excellent leadership, interpersonal, and communication skills.