||The Google People Services, Operations function is the services and program management group within People Operations that makes HR stuff easy and intuitive for Googlers. Our global team optimizes people processes, from problem definition to execution. We partner with teams across People Operations and in engineering to bring innovation and technology to the way we attract, retain and grow Googlers worldwide. We focus on providing an amazing experience to past, present and future Googlers, and work in Google’s fast-paced environment to deliver 100+ operational services, manage the contingent workforce and implement HR programs across 70+ countries. Regardless of location or level of experience, members of the Operations team have the opportunity to create, develop and implement some of the most complex global operations around the world.
The Google People Services, Extended Workforce Solutions (xWS) team manages end-to-end oversight of Google’s Extended (Contingent) Workforce. The xWS team is responsible for the strategy, governance, and operations across the Temp, Vendor and Contractor (TVC) space. Our team makes it easy for Google managers to engage with the contingent workforce, providing training, standards, and guidelines to minimize Google’s risk and offering data and insights on planning and strategy for new and existing engagements. We provide processes, tools and know-how to support Googlers through the lifecycle of contingent workforce engagements, so our businesses can make informed decisions to put the right talent in the right locations.
• Structure projects with stakeholders, define project goals and risks to execution, drive projects through the entire project lifecycle, including clearly communicating status, risks and remediation plans to executive stakeholders.
• Collaborate within xWS team and cross-functional teams to document workflows, identify gaps, propose improvements and drive consensus to achieve agreed set of requirements.
• Identify cross teams efficiencies and solutions (e.g., orchestrating joint communication plans, developing narratives, and resolving conflicts).
• Track accomplishments, milestones, key issues and/or change controls and define/monitor metrics in order to measure business impact.
• Establish and lead working group meetings and develop templates, work plans, etc. to more effectively and efficiently manage progress and deliver results.
• Bachelor's degree or equivalent practical experience.
• 5 years of relevant work experience, including project management and/or consulting experience.
• Experience in consulting with outsourcing/offshoring and vendor management.
• Experience in analytical problem solving, setting up and improving processes through design thinking, and lean or six sigma efforts.
• Ability to build effective, productive relationships across the business and work with accountability and integrity.
• Ability to effectively engage with leadership, facilitate discussions about complex topics, influence, and reach agreement.
• Ability to manage large, complex programs and drive change.
• Ability to process high amount of data to drive business strategies and decisions. Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills.